Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recipe: Champagne Cupcakes

Hooray for the first recipe attempt of this blog!

The lovely Miss Lizzie threw a super-classy New Year's party and we decided it would be just oh-so-perfect if we made the Champagne Cupcakes for the party since everyone would be drinking anyway! She originally found the recipe on Pinterest, but the recipe originates over at Sprinkle Bakes, where you can find other super great things. Here's what the cupcakes are supposed to look like:


Super pretty!! Not to toot my own trumpet, but I'm a pretty good baker. However, this was my first attempt at putting filling inside a cupcake so I was a bit nervous. The recipe requires three different mixtures:


So far, so good. I did manage to make 24 cupcakes from the recipe, but they were a bit on the small side, so next time, I'll probably stick to making the suggested 17 instead. Each one of the parts tasted supremely good though, the batter was tasty, the filling was tasty, and the icing was to die for!

After my cupcakes were thoroughly cooled, I used a small paring knife to literally cut a hole in the top middle of the cupcake. Doing the filling was a lot easier than I thought!! After inserting the filling, you just cut the excess cake off the piece you removed to create a little lid to put back on top of the filling. As a side note, I put the filling in a Ziploc bag and cut off a tiny bit of the tip for less mess and easy filling action.


So, while the frosting was very, very tasty, mine was no where near as fluffy as the one in the picture.


Ok, not as pretty necessarily as the one from Pinterest, but they tasted soooooo darn good!!! They were a huge hit at the party so I'm calling this one a draw! Appearance wise, total recipe fail. Taste wise, this recipe is going into my permanent collection!